Big Data came back to the DMV area after last opening up for Fitz and The Tantrums at the 930 Club. This time, they played at low key venue Black Cat to a sold out show featuring opening acts Chappo and On & On. Their most popular song has been the radio hit Dangerous feat. Joywave. Accompanying lead member Alan Wilkis were Lizy Ryan, Gunnar Olsen, and Benjamin Campbell. Playing songs off their latest album 2.0, Big Data had more than enough material to keep the crowd jumping up and down for the night. Singer Lizy Ryan filled in for the album vocal features which included Jenn Wasner of Wye Oak, Kimbra, and White Sea. If you are a fan of electro-pop and human vs. technology themed music, check them out!
Big Data: Photos by Paul Oh
More from Arts & CultureMore posts in Arts & Culture »
More from FeaturesMore posts in Features »
- Black History Month Spotlight: CURL P.W.R.
- Introducing Gritview.io, UMBC’s new RateMyProfessors.com
- Keeping up the momentum: how one UMBC student is continuing conversations around race
- OEI gains two staff members over spring semester
- Many students left with suboptimal work environments after campus closure