English singer Jessie Ware comes back to the 9:30 Club with new songs and new friends. Touring with her sophomore album, Tough Love, Ware performed a sold-out show filled with melancholic ballads and bitter-sweet nostalgia. Complementing with Ware’s performance was Jesse Boykins III. The up-and-coming R&B singer also had his own group of dedicated fans. Between the two years separating Tough Love and her debut album, Devotion, Jessie Ware has collaborated with U.K. artists Disclosure and SBTRKT. She has proven that her voice can be put into different genres whether that includes deep house or low-key techno. If you are a fan of emotional singing and tender lyrics, check her out!
Jessie Ware: Pictures by Paul Oh
More from Arts & CultureMore posts in Arts & Culture »
More from FeaturesMore posts in Features »
- Black History Month Spotlight: CURL P.W.R.
- Introducing Gritview.io, UMBC’s new RateMyProfessors.com
- Keeping up the momentum: how one UMBC student is continuing conversations around race
- OEI gains two staff members over spring semester
- Many students left with suboptimal work environments after campus closure