Rock band Battles performed at the 9:30 Club touring with their latest album La Di Da Di. The evening was filled with nonstop instrumentals in keeping with the album’s vocals-free style. Battles, made up of Ian Williams, John Stanier and Dave Konopka, spoke very few words during the concert and let the music express their emotions. Along with new songs, the band performed tracks off earlier albums Gloss Drop and Mirrored. If you like lengthy jams and consistent rock music, check them out!
An evening with Battles
More from Arts & CultureMore posts in Arts & Culture »
- Review: The Many Saints of Newark never had the makings of a varsity athlete
- EA’s newest title fails to stay with current trends
- As students return, UMBC campus culture readjusts
- Kanye West and Drake struggle to escape their artistic shadows
- Bill Cosby’s release and comeback: a slap in the face to #MeToo