Bass aficionado Thundercat performed at the Hecht Warehouse as a feature act for this year’s DC Jazz Festival. Opening up for the artist was the fantastic Sam Prather’s Groove Orchestra. Along with songs from his previous albums, Apocalypse and The Golden Age of Apocalypse, Thundercat also did a brief performance of Complexion (Zulu Love) by Kendrick Lamar. The evening was filled with non-stop riffs and solos that blew away the audience. If you’re a fan of bass solos, Flying Lotus, and Jazz, check him out!
An Evening With Thundercat and Sam Prather’s Groove Orchestra
More from Arts & CultureMore posts in Arts & Culture »
More from FeaturesMore posts in Features »
- Black History Month Spotlight: CURL P.W.R.
- Introducing Gritview.io, UMBC’s new RateMyProfessors.com
- Keeping up the momentum: how one UMBC student is continuing conversations around race
- OEI gains two staff members over spring semester
- Many students left with suboptimal work environments after campus closure